DC is being all gritty and “realistic” and Marvel just had a movie where the galaxy is saved by a dance-off and the power of friendship
And neither one of them can imagine a world either gritty and realistic enough or fun and fantastic enough in which a woman or a person of color is the hero.
vincethepizzaprince: Stannis and Shireen
"It was just a dream."
so far i’ve seen southern, southwestern, and northeastern gothic, but nobody’s talked about how great MIDWESTERN GOTHIC could be. listen:
- weird happenstances in fields, bloody pawprints and pressed-down cornstalks, a clump of soybeans flattened into esoteric shapes
- small towns with big secrets multiplied by a thousand, uncanny locals with a hand for spells
- mysterious hitchhikers with glowing eyes on the side of a dimly-lit highway
- taking detours down a backwoods dirt road, getting entranced by the glowing lights in the thickly knotted woods (sure are a lot of fireflies out there. i’ll take a look. just for a moment.)
- dilapidated buildings, the old falling-apart house in the empty lot at the end of the road you always avoid without knowing why. the crumbling farmhouse by your grandparent’s place in the country that calls to you when you drive past it in the dark
- billboards proclaiming HELL IS REAL, mile upon mile of windmills that uproot themselves and rearrange in the night
- always traveling, the significance of crossroads, staying in a shoddy old hotel advertised with a flickering neon light, surrounded by miles of pavement
- more weird field happenstances because fields are so important. mint that can charm a village, blueberry patches with torn and dirty pieces of fine clothing in them. unnatural noises from cornfields at night, figures near it that can only be glimpsed out of the corner of your eye
when my otps become canon
"i was born in the wrong generation" i say as i steal my grandkids hoverboards because fuck you i was promised these years ago
cute petticoat dress
I have a definite weakness for coatdresses.
this is a sneaking mission
_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎
i like to now think of this post as if all the people who reblogged it are sneaking along with me
just a trail of sneaking
_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎
INFP; (listen) a mix for the optimists who strive to change the world; for those with a listening ear and a heart of gold; for the passionate, the intuitive, the sincere. the infp.
"dwell on the beauty of life. watch the stars and see yourself running with them"
i. give up the ghost // rosi golan, ii. a place called home // pj harvey, iii. house of gold // twenty one pilots, iv. burn the pages // sia, v. glass in the park // alex turner, vi. all this and heaven too // florence + the machine, vii. king of the world // first aid kit, viii. satellite call // sara bareilles
(more in this series)